*

Monday, July 23, 2012

flowers


corner to the garage entrance


left side of the driveway turnaround (gets sun all day so it grows like crazy...you can't hardly even see my mushrooms in there)


right side of driveway turnaround (doesn't get as much sun as you can see the shade...plants don't grow as full but my grasses and crepe myrtle bloom a couple weeks before the other side...don't know why?????) 


one of my many rose of sharons (we probably have 30 all around the sides and the house in various areas) and some sea roses around the bunny


this side is what you see when you come up the driveway...my kitchen is on this side of the house so I get to see all these blooming as I cook, wash dishes and eat


this is the entrance to the stepping stones where you go to the front porch...I just trimmed my small crepe myrtles at the end (between the grasses)...they're going to be like the ones above on the sides of the turnaround other than they are purple flowering...I'm hoping to keep putting the miracle gro on them to get them a few feet taller this year...we have variegated grass along the stepping stones and we added yellow lantana between each one this year...they love it there with all the sun and have to be trimmed a good bit to keep them out of the walking area



Just thought I'd share some early morning pictures of some of my flowers.  Of course my batteries died so this was the only side of the house I got.  I will take more of all around the house and some of my beds in the yard when I get them recharged.  We have worked on putting rocks from our property around beds over the years and wanted to finish with putting them around the house and all the bushes and trees along the edges where we mow.  Lots more loads to go and pick up from one of my parent's rental properties but I really like how it all looks.  I just wish it wasn't so hot while doing it but 3 or 4 more loads should get it all done...hopefully.  We still need to go around half of the house, the building behind the house and all the bushes and trees along the edges.  We only maintain about 2 acres of our property so the outer edges are cut by a local farmer twice a year for the hay.  He was coming the other week when the rain started so now we have to wait until he can come once it's all dry.  We have various critters coming and going through it so I'll be glad to have it cut soon.  We've seen one coyote near the house this summer and the deer come through daily.  Mac always lets us know when anything is around.  He is such a great guard dog.  You can see from the first picture there is a road coming in.  It is a private road that our neighborhood owns and is about 1/2 a mile long.  Mac's area is behind the house so he can watch it at all times.  The UPS or Fedex people don't even get to the entrance before he is up and and barking to let us know.  He keeps looking at the French doors to make sure someone comes to see it.  He really wants to make sure we know someone is coming into the area.  He doesn't bark at most of the neighbors vehicles other than the ones who have a camper...he hates that camper...lol.  I don't know if it's the sound of it or what, but he barks at it until he can't see it anymore.

I'm off to work on some dolls, patterns and painting....just thought I'd share some of my flowers with you this morning.  I'll be back later today with some new dolls.  I have also removed two of the dolls from the doll bundle and lowered the price to $110.

Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Laura de Garza said...

Beautiful garden that you have. Thanks for sharing your photographs with all of us. Have a great day. God bless you.